Pages

Jake Cuenca reveals the secret of his strong relationship with Melissa Ricks

Now that Melissa Ricks is starring in Kapamilya Gold’s upcoming mystery-suspense series Nasaan Ka Elisa?, a sexier and more mature image is on the horizon for Jake Cuenca’s ladylove. But the actor said he is not bothered by Mel’s official “graduation” from more wholesome roles. Jake said that it would be a double standard to not be supportive of his girlfriend since he has also done daring scenes in the past as well, more recently he did some steamy scenes with Alessandra De Rossi in Green Rose. “Si Mel, she just lets me work. She lets me do my thing. Same with her, kasi yung ginagawa niyang bago is a bit daring. It’s very different from what she’s done in the past, so ako naman, hindi ako hipokrito. So I just let her do her thing. She lets me do my thing and that’s really the reason why we get along really well. She didn’t have to convince me to let her do that kasi hindi naman ako hipokrito I’ve done a lot of roles like that na medyo daring at tulad nga nung sa Green Rose, sabihin na natin na medyo mainit yung scenes,” he said.

The 23-year-old actor said that he wants to give Mel enough freedom to make her own decisions and decide what’s the best path for her career. “She wants to be different eh. Sa akin, since she’s 21 years old, I think it’s about time that she moves and gears towards more mature roles. Andito lang naman ako para sumoporta sa kanya,” he said.

Jake said that Mel also gives him the right amount of space and isn’t a jealous girlfriend, even after seeing the intimate scenes he did with the sultry Alessandra, who was also one of the first people he met in showbiz. “Kasi kami ni Alex, we’ve been friends for almost ten years so more or less we know each other by heart. So pagdating sa mga eksena, nakapa na namin ang isa’t isa. Malaki pagtitiwala namin sa isa’t isa. Alam naman natin na si Alessandra, hindi kumportable gumawa ng eksenang ganun kaya ako nagpapasalamat ako kay Alex na pinayagan niya ako, siyempre madaming mga daya-daya. We had to work with what we had so yun. At least maganda yung feedback na mainit naman yung eksena so I just have to thank Alex na she just went with the flow. Hinayaan niya ako na gawaan ng paraan yung mga eksena namin. Talaga namang hindi ako gagawa ng bagay na ma-o-offend ang kaibigan ko kaya alam na alam ko yung linya eh, yung linya na hindi dapat i-cross sa eksena na ganun. We just had to work with what we had and it worked out,” he shared.

With all the action-packed scenes and fast-paced storyline, it looks like the following for the local adaptation of the popular Korean series has grown even stronger as the weeks go by. Jake admitted that he and the cast of Green Rose have high hopes for the show since they worked extra hard to make it a success. “Masayang-masaya kami kasi matagal na namin pinaghahandaan ang Green Rose. Matagal naming hinintay yung airing niya kasi hinintay pa namin yung snow sa Korea. Masaya ako. Sobrang tagumpay namin lahat yan sa show. Maraming marami pa kaming exciting na ipapakita. Makikita niyo na talaga yung drama at yung bigat ng storya. I accepted this role for maturity because I know I’ll be working with Jericho (Rosales), who’s a phenomenal actor and Anne who’s a great actress. So for me, when they presented this role to me, I felt like I needed to do this for my maturity, para ma-enhance ko ang aking craft. At the end of this project I can say that I’m more mature. I’ve learned so much from this project and I’m proud of it. For me, this is a great experience,” he said.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment